We encourage your comments on Matheny Medical and Educational Center’s blog and hope you will join the discussions.
Comments to the Hospital-sponsored sites, such as its blog, Website online feedback form or social media sites, including Twitter and Facebook, are welcome and encouraged, and we look forward to hearing from you. To promote respectful discussion within this forum, we request that you be courteous and productive and avoid comments that are profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. Blogs often foster debate of an issue; users are to engage in such exchanges with mutual respect for others’ opinions.
We can’t respond to every comment, particularly those that deal with individual medical cases and issues. To protect patient privacy and ensure comments are appropriate for all audiences, comments made to the blog will not appear within the blog until they have been reviewed by an internal moderator and approved to post. The blog is not monitored on a 24-hour basis, comments posted after 6 p.m. EST may take approximately 12 hours to appear. Comments may be edited to preserve readability for other users. Those comments that are off-topic or clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t make the cut.
Please remember that when you post a comment to a blog, it is published for the world to see, without limitation or protection of any kind. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider carefully how much detailed personal medical information linked to your name you want to share, with the understanding that this information may be linked to your name and published on the Internet.
That’s the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Matheny-sponsored blogs or other social media platforms, you give Matheny the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Matheny in its sole discretion.
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment — you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Matheny Medical and Educational Center reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may effect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Matheny Medical and Educational Center, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on the Hospital-sponsored sites.
These Social Media Participation Guidelines shall not be construed or applied in a manner that improperly interferes with Matheny employees’ rights under Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act.